1.2 This Policy may change from time to time and if it does, the up to date version will always be available on our website and becomes effective immediately.
2 Information we may collect about you
2.1 We may collect and process information about you through various means including:
- - via our website (e.g. on our ‘Contact Us’ page or Membership page)
- -by email
- -by telephone
- -through networking. .
2.2 The personal data you give to us may include:
- -your name and title
- -contact information, including telephone number, postal address and email address
- -information relating to your location, preferences and / or interests
- -photographic identification and video footage taken at our events.
- -the content of any enquiry submitted over our website.
2.3 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or email.
2.4 The Personal data described above may relate to our members or prospective members.
3 How we will use your information
3.1 We may use your information for the following purposes:
- - to respond to any query that you may submit to us
- - to manage our relationship with you (and/or your business), including by maintaining our database of members and other third parties for administration and relationship management purposes
- - to send you any relevant information on our services and events that may be of interest to you using the email and/or postal address which you have provided, but only if you have given us your consent to do so
- - to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey responses
- - as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
4 Sharing your information
4.1 We may share your details with carefully selected third parties. These may include service providers, support services and organisations that help us to market our services
4.2 If we share your information with third parties they will process your information as our data processor and this will depend on the purposes of our sharing your personal data.
4.3 We may disclose your information to third parties when:
- - you specifically request this
- - we believe other companies products and services may interest you
- - for providing catering or email security
- - you ask us to share your data with a third party
4.4 Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
4.5 We will not rent or sell our members or other contacts details to any other organisation or individual.
5 Storage and retention of your personal data
5.1 We follow strict security procedures as to how we use or store your personal information and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your data.
5.2 We will keep your information stored on our systems for as long as it takes us to provide the services to you that you have requested and you remain a member or consent to us holding your information.
5.3 Any third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you.
5.4 We will not store your information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
6 Withdrawal of consent
6.1 Where we process your personal data we do so on the basis that you have provided your consent for us to do so for the purposes set out in this Policy when you submitted your personal data to us. You may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe link from our newsletter.
6.2 If you do withdraw your consent to receiving general mailings we may still be able to process some of the data that you have provided to us if you wish to remain a member of the B&WoECB.
7 Your information rights
7.1 European Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared.
7.2 You can access the personal information we hold on you by emailing Dianne@chinabureau.co.uk
7.3 We will ask you to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information – this is to prevent unauthorised access.
Last updated on: 19 May 2018